Online Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
Proficiency in designated security duties Reg VI/6 para 4 to 6 Section A-VI/6, para 6-8
This online course is designed to provide the seafarer with the knowledge required to fulfil designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan all. This course has been developed in accordance with the Maritime Labour Convention and the Manila Amendments of 2010. The course has five separate outcomes and students are required to submit short pieces of coursework and a final examination to the required standard in order to achieve a pass.
- Roles and responsibilities
- ISPS Code Overview
- Security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, assets and operations
- Understanding the capabilities and limitations of security plans, equipment and systems and how to manage them
- Relevant International Codes & Conventions
- The Ship Security Plan
- Security Contingency & Response
- Handling of Stowaways & Refugees
Offering exceptional quality and value for money with all the convenience of online study , our PDSD course will prepare you for life at sea.
To register please visit http://elearning.securewest.com
Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved.