No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 06 – 12 April 2020
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded six maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 06 – 12 April 2020:
- 06-Apr-20 – Attack – An underway passenger vessel was attacked 19nm South of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- 07-Apr-20 – Migrant & Refugee – Three boats were intercepted by the UK Border Force carrying 63 migrants in the English Channel, the boats were brought to Dover, UK
- 08-Apr-20 – Migrant & Refugee – Four boats were intercepted by the UK Border Force carrying 57 migrants in the English Channel close to Hastings, UK
- 09-Apr-20 – Robbery – Armed robbers approached and boarded an underway container ship on route to Contecon Terminal, Ecuador
- 10-Apr-20 – Attack – An MV was attacked 65nm NW of Puertos Dos Bocas, Mexico
- 10-Apr-20 – Suspicious Approach – An MT was approached by a 15m skiff 78nm South of Takoradi, Ghana
|Attack – An incident where weapons are discharged by pirates or pirate paraphernalia such as ladder, grappling hook, make contact with the vessel|
|Migrant & Refugee – This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group|
|Robbery – Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel|
|Suspicious Approach – All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.