No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 10 – 16 February 2020
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded seven maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 10 – 16 Feb 2020.
- 11-Feb-20 – Migrant and Refugee – a vessel was located with 69 African migrants off the southern coast of Spain
- 11-Feb-20 – Robbery – An anchored offshore vessel was robbed in Kakinada Anchorage, Bay of Bengal, East India
- 11-Feb-20 – Suspicious Approach – an MV was apporaoched by nine skiffs approximately 50nm NW of São Tomé and Príncipe in the Gulf of Guinea
- 14-Feb-20 – Boarding – an unmanned MV was boarded approximately 53nm NW of São Tomé and Príncipe in the Gulf of Guinea
- 16-Feb-20 – General Security Warning – Drifting mines have been reported in the area of Yemen and Saudi Red Sea coastal waters
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.