No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 20 – 26 April 2020
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded five maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 20 – 26 April 2020:
- 20-Apr-20 – Robbery – At 01:45 LT, an anchored tanker was robbed in position 10 21 00 N, 107 02 00 E, Vung Tau Anchorage, Vietnam.
- 22-Apr-20 – Boarding – At 23:09 LT, an underway bulk carrier was boarded in position 01 15 11 N, 104 04 83 E, approximately 13 nm E of Singapore port.
- 23-Apr-20 – Approach – Reports of a container ship having been approached by a number of skiffs while underway in position 12 15 00 N, 044 40 00 E around 55nm SW of Aden in the Gulf of Aden.
- 24-Apr-20 – Migrant & Refugee – Five dinghies carrying 76 migrants have been intercepted in the English Channel by the UK Border Force.
- 25-Apr-20 – Migrant & Refugee – Three dinghies carrying 35 migrants have been intercepted by UK Border Force boats while attempting to cross the English Channel.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel|
|Approach: An incident where weapons are trained on the vessel or pirate paraphernalia such as weapons, ladders, are observed and the intention to conduct an attack is clear.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.