No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 23 – 29 March 2020
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded nine maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 23-29 March 2020:
- 25-MAR-20 – General Security Warning – MSCI Advisory 2020-007-Various-GPS Interference. Multiple instances of significant GPS interference have been reported worldwide in the maritime domain by vessels operating both in port and underway
- 25-MAR-20 – Migrant and Refugee Incident – Six boats carrying 96 migrants have been intercepted by the Border Force in the English Channel. French authorities confirmed they had picked up another 74 people on the same day
- 25-MAR-20 – Robbery – The tugboat BATELEUR towing NASSHI was bound for demolition at Alang when four perpetrators boarded the unmanned NASSHI from a dinghy. The loss of items is still being ascertained by the investigating agencies
- 25-MAR-20 – Suspicious Approach – An MV aprx 245 nm S of Lagos, Nigeria, was followed by an unidentified craft with unknown intentions
- 25-MAR-20 – Attack – Seven armed pirates in a black speed boat approached and attempted to board MV SCARABE 79nm off Brass, Nigeria. Master commenced evasive manoeuvres, resulting in the pirates aborting the approach
- 26-MAR-20 – Suspicious Approach – A MV was approached by a skiff containing 4-5 persons aprx 22nm S of Cotonou, Benin
- 27-MAR-20 – Approach – MT was approached by two skiffs approximately 69 nm NW of Dubai, UAE. A raised ladder was sighted. MT took evasive measures, vessel and crew reported safe
- 27-MAR-20 – Attack – A MV was attacked approximately 101 nm SSE of Brass, Nigeria. Vessel was attacked by one skiff with aprx ten persons on board
- 27-MAR-20 – Robbery – A MV was robbed in Conakry Anchorage, Guinea. Vessel and crew reported safe
|Approach: An incident where weapons are trained on the vessel or pirate paraphernalia such as weapons, ladders, are observed and the intention to conduct an attack is clear.|
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Attack: An incident where weapons are discharged by pirates or pirate paraphernalia such as ladder, grappling hook, make contact with the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.