No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 24 February – 1 March 2020
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded nine maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 24 February to 1 March 2020:
- 24-Feb-20 – Robbery – An anchored tanker was robbed and the Master killed in the Isla Borracha anchorage, Venezuela
- 25-Feb-20 – Drugs Interdiction – 1 ton of suspected drugs seized on general cargo ship following departure from Guaranaó Port, Venezuela
- 25-Feb-20 – Boarding – A product tanker was boarded in the vicinity of Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- 25-Feb-20 – Boarding – A motor vessel was boarded while at anchor in the vicinity of Lagos port, Nigeria
- 25-Feb-20 – Suspicious Approach – An underway tanker was approached approximately 45nm ESE of Perim Island, Bab al Mandeb
- 26-Feb-20 – Drugs Interdiction – Suspected drugs seized on container ship at Ensenada Anchorage, Mexico
- 27-Feb-20 – Approach – A motor vessel was subject to a suspicious approach approximately 49nm NW of Luanda, Angola
- 28-Feb-20 – Boarding – An underway bulk carrier was boarded 3.5nm East of Pulau Karimun Keci in the Singapore Strait
- 01-Mar-20 – Suspicious Approach – A motor vessel was subject to a suspicious approach 84nm NW of the Port of Sultan, Qaboos in Oman
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large amount of drugs are seized.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel|
|Approach: An incident where weapons are trained on the vessel or pirate paraphernalia such as weapons, ladders, are observed and the intention to conduct an attack is clear.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.