No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 27 April – 3 May 2020
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded seven maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 27 April to 3 May 2020:
- On 27-Apr-20 – Migrant & Refugee – more than 90 migrants were intercepted in the English Channel in eight boats, by UK boarder force and the French authorities.
- On 28-Apr-20 – Drugs Interdiction – a general cargo vessel was intercepted by Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard and the Special Forces team in the Caribbean NW of Northern Trinidad,
- On 30-Apr-20 – Suspicious Approach – at 01:00 UTC, six perpetrators in a wooden boat approached an MV in position 04 54 10 N, 001 42 51 W, Takoradi anchorage, Ghana.
- On 30-Apr-20 – Hijacking – at 19:40 UTC, a motor vessel was attacked by a skiff with an unknown number of armed pirates whilst in approximate position 03 30 00 N, 003 49 00 E. It is understood that 10 crew members were taken hostage.
- On 30-Apr-20 – Boarding – at 05:15 LT, an underway tanker was boarded in the eastbound lane of the Singapore Strait in position 01 16 07 N, 104 16 09 E, approximately 25 nm E of port of Singapore.
- On 03-May-20 – Boarding – at 05:00 UTC a trawler was boarded by a skiff with 13 people, in position 00 30 50 N, 009 06 21 E, approximately 23 nm WNW of Libreville Port, Gabon.
- On 03-May-20 – Boarding – a trawler was boarded in position 00 55 24 N, 009 08 09 E, by a skiff with 13 people, approximately 45 nm N Libreville Port, Gabon.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
|Boarding: Unauthorized boarding of a vessel by persons not part of its complement without successfully taking control of the vessel|
|Drugs Interdiction: Focused on interrupting illegal drugs smuggled by sea, usually a large amount of drugs are seized.|
|Suspicious Approach: All other unexplained activity in close proximity by an unknown vessel.|
|Hijacking: Unauthorized seizure and retention of a vessel by persons not part of its complement.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.