No products in the basket.
Weekly Maritime Summary 4 – 10 November 2019
The Securewest Global Response Centre (GRC) recorded seven maritime related incidents during the reporting period of 4-10 November 2019.
- On 4 Nov 2019 – Kidnapping – A tanker was attacked, and the crew kidnapped approximately 10nm SSE of Lome, Togo.
- On 7 Nov 2019 – Attack – A vessel was attacked 54nm NW of the Port of São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe.
- On 7 Nov 2019 – General Security Warning – Fire on a tanker close to Horsburgh Lighthouse, eastern Singapore Strait.
- On 8 Nov 2019 – Migrant & Refugee – 20 migrants intercepted in two rubber dinghies in the English Channel close to Dover.
- On 8 Nov 2019 – Attack – An anchored yacht was attacked in Bahia Nombre de Dios, Panama.
- On 8 Nov 2019 – Migrant & Refugee – A Yacht was intercepted off the coast of West Sussex by Border Force with 8 Albanian migrants on board.
- On 10 Nov 2019 – Migrant & Refugee – 22 migrants intercepted in one rubber dinghy of the coast of Dover in the English Channel.
|Robbery: Theft from a vessel or from persons aboard the vessel.|
|General Security Warning: Incidents which do not fit in the other categories, but enhance the situational awareness, e.g. flag state advisories or an attack on a non- commercial vessel such as a warship.|
|Attack: An incident where weapons are discharged by pirates or pirate paraphernalia such as ladder, grappling hook, make contact with the vessel.
|Migrant and Refugee Incident: This could involve Search and Rescue (SAR) operations, or information about a boat capsizing and people drowning, or an attack on the group.|
We provide a wide range of Maritime Security and Intelligence services. For further details please contact +44 (0)1548 856 001 or email us.
What next – contact us
Please get in touch for further information and to discuss your requirements.